Work with Us
WildlifeDirect is currently accepting applications for an Executive Assistant based in Washington, DC.
- Work for the CEO as directed by him/her
- Fundraising Strategy:
- Develop fundraising strategy to guide organization growth and increase donor activity, research fundraising opportunities and initiate fundraising activities and events
- Manage donor relationships and donor database
- Coordinate with the Kenya office to execute the annual fundraising strategy
- Communications Strategy:
- Maintain monthly reports on funds raised and expenses to the Board
- Maintain website and track metrics
- Contribute to newsletter in consultation with the Kenya office
- Assist in the development of communication materials and organizational messaging in coordination with WildlifeDirect communication office in Kenya
- Identify and engage regular media opportunities
- Administration and Financial Duties:
- Organize, attend and take minutes at all WildlifeDirect International Board Meetings
- Coordinate and assist with logistics of CEO visits to USA, (e.g. bookings, advising on schedules, setting up meetings, maintaining meeting minutes and other documentation)
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the Washington DC office
- Develop annual operating budget for Washington DC office
- Maintain the financial records to include tracking and monitoring revenues, expenses, depositing checks, paying bills and performing necessary wire transfers
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in non-profit operations and development, with a demonstrated track record of success
- Must have extensive fundraising experience, including major donor cultivation and grant writing experience
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong personal commitment to WildlifeDirect’s work and mission
- Must have excellent personal organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to motivate others effectively
- Previous experience in international development sectors a plus, as is a familiarity with sub-Saharan Africa and/or wildlife conservation
$20.00 per hour for up to 35 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and a short writing sample or example of promotional materials you have developed (no more than 4 pages) as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Unfortunately due to our limited staff capacity we will be unable to answer questions or phone calls about this opportunity. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you!