WildlifeDirect, is a high impact wildlife advocacy organization headquartered in Nairobi Kenya henceforth referred to as (the “Employer”). The Employer conducts activities in four key areas, advocacy and legal reform, education and outreach, media and community programs. The Employer seeks to hire a Legal Intern who has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to support the Kenya based operations of the organization.
- Data collection and analysis of wildlife and environmental crime cases
- Case tracking of identified environment and wildlife crime cases
- Assist in research on wildlife and environmental laws and arising issues
- Assist developing key wildlife and environment resource materials
- Writing Monitoring and Evaluation reports
- Assist program manager with grant writing and fundraising
- Assist set up and management of Environmental help desk
- Prepare key content on wildlife and environmental matters
- Assist on in advocacy campaigns
- Assisting the Program Manager during field activities and events;
- Attending meetings for Conservation partners with or on behalf of the Program Manager
- Any other duties that may arise within the legal Program.
- Bachelor’s in Law Degree
- Familiarity with legal principles and practices.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Organizational, planning skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Prior volunteer experience is desired
- Calm character and ability to prioritize the execution of tasks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of professionalism
Applications including cover letter, resume, references, and portfolio to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5th, 2020 with Subject line: Legal Intern. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued.