Social Media and Photography Intern
WildlifeDirect is looking for an energetic, innovative and detail-oriented Social Media and Photography intern to support the organization’s communication department. This position provides a unique opportunity to build your resume and photography portfolio and to gain professional experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Social Media and Photography intern will report to the Chief Operations Officer
- Photography during WildlifeDirect meeting, events, workshops, trainings etc.
- Create images, infographics, and other visual representations of quotes and data to share on WildlifeDirect’s social media platforms.
- Monitor notifications and performance metrics for WildlifeDirect’s social media accounts and use these data to improve campaign and account performance over time.
- Assist in developing WildlifeDirect’s social media strategy.
- Keep abreast of social and digital media trends to enhance WildlifeDirect’s social media presence.
- Assist the Communications Assistant with live social media coverage of WildlifeDirect events.
- Assist with the management of blogs and other online content
- Assist with online photo and video galleries
- Assist with graphics and video slideshow creation for different program activities
- Perform other duties as assigned within the Communications Department.
The ideal candidate should have own professional camera and be an undergraduate or graduate with relevant background in photography, art, communications, public relations, marketing or graphic design.
- Experience with various social media platforms.
- Excellent photography skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in computer skills and applications, including Microsoft Office. Adobe CS experience is a plus.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and in an individual capacity
- Ability to commit 40 hours per week, with a flexible structure.
- A willingness to be creative and have fun at work!
This internship is unpaid but there is a stipend for transport paid on a monthly basis in arrears.
Applications including cover letter, resume, references and portfolio to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 17 May 2019 with Subject line: Social Media and Photography Intern