Nature and Wildlife Film Interns
The nature and wildlife film interns will work with WildlifeDirect to support the production of nature and wildlife content. The interns will be involved in the entire production process, from coming up with ideas, planning, filming, editing, content management, publishing online, and generating new social media videos from existing content in the archive. The interns will also have the opportunity to learn during internal and commissioned shoots and will be supported with filming equipment from the organization.
- Assist in the ideation and planning of nature and wildlife content.
- Participate in filming and editing of nature and wildlife footage.
- Help manage and organize content in the archive.
- Publish finished content on WildlifeDirect’s YouTube channel and social media platforms.
- Generate new social media videos from existing content in the archive.
- Participate in internal and commissioned shoots to gain hands-on experience.
- Learn about different aspects of nature and wildlife filmmaking, including cinematography, sound recording, editing, and more.
- Follow best practices for content creation and adhere to WildlifeDirect’s brand guidelines.
- Any other assigned duties.
- High-quality nature and wildlife content that is published online on WildlifeDirect’s YouTube channel and social media platforms.
- A final project report summarizing the intern’s experience, what they learned, and how they contributed to the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduated/Enrolled in a related course in film, media, or nature/wildlife/environmental studies.
- Strong interest in nature and wildlife filmmaking.
- Familiarity with filming and editing equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
As a nature and wildlife film intern at WildlifeDirect, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience in various aspects of nature and wildlife filmmaking such as:-
- Ideation and planning of nature and wildlife content
- Filming and editing nature and wildlife footage
- Content management and organization
The internship is for 3 months extendable to 6 months.
Send your CV and Reel/Sample of your film work to firstname.lastname@example.org 20th March 2023.