Nature’s Treasures Photo Competition
Nature lovers and amateur photographers from anywhere in Kenya, are invited to participate in the Nature’s Treasures Photo Competition.
The Wildlife Warriors Photo Competition is running for twelve (12) weeks from 17th March 2020 as an incentive for Kenyans to go outdoors, observe, document and share your love for nature. Each week will have a different theme. This is the perfect opportunity to test your photography skills and capture nature’s treasures from your home, garden, national park or reserve near you. Entrants are encouraged to not only use a digital camera but also their mobile phones. We have a special Junior category for young people 15 and below.
Week 1: Nature in distress
Week 2: Beauty of biodiversity
Week 3: Under the surface (water or soil)
Week 4: In the sky
Week 5: Nocturnal beings
Week 6: Healthy habitats
Week 7: Humans in nature
Week 8: People and nature clash
Week 9: Kids in nature
Week 10: Non – mammal portraits
Week 11: Bizarre beauties
Week 12: Nature in the city
The winner – as judged by an external panel – will receive Ksh 1000. Two runners-up will receive Ksh 500 while the winner under the junior category (Under 15 years) will receive Ksh 400.
Winners will be contacted via email once the panel has decided. We will then ask for your mobile number in order to send the cash prize.
How to enter
Please upload your entries (a maximum of three per person) to bit.ly/WildlifeWarriorsKE with an image title, your name, date and year of birth for junior entrants by midnight every Sunday.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- Pictures must be taken in Kenya.
- Only 3 photographs per photographer per week may be entered
- You must be the copyright owner of any photograph submitted
- No photos should be submitted on behalf of others
- No wildlife or habitats should be abused, put at risk, or unduly disturbed in the process of taking photographs
- The detail of the photograph should not be altered
- Entrants under 15 must have parental or legal guardian consent prior to entering the competition
- The Judging Panel’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final
- WildlifeDirect may use your images in publications such as the annual report, newsletter, website and social media platforms. Full photographer credit will be given
- WildlifeDirect staff and the judging panel are not allowed to enter the competition
- Photographs that fail to comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified