Work with Us
WildlifeDirect is a high impact wildlife advocacy organization headquartered in Nairobi Kenya hence forth referred to as (the “Employer”). The Employer conducts activities in four key areas,advocacy and legal reform, education and outreach, Media and community programs. The Employer seeks to hire an Executive Administrator and Personal Assistant to the CEO who has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to support the Kenya based operations of the organization.
This is to specify objectives and targets established for the Employee and to communicate to the Employee the Employer’s expectations of the Employee’s performance targets and deliverables in respect to Clause 3 of the Employment Agreement.
- Provide executive and administrative support to the CEO.
- Manage, coordinate and maintain CEO’s diary including appointments, meetings and all travel.
- Responsible for organizing meetings on behalf of the CEO ensuring all necessary requirements are made such as meeting venue, equipment, presentations, agenda etc.
- Provide logistical support to the CEO. Arrange meetings, transport, driver’s schedule, appointments, travel, accommodation, visa, flights for the CEO.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications and direct them to the correct department.
- Secretarial support to the CEO.
- Administrative and financial duties.
- Work closely with senior staff and departmental heads to ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Arrange travel, visas and flights for staff.
- Daily checking of general office e – mails general office email (email@example.com).
- Act as front officer and administrative focal point for all visitor enquiries.
- In charge of the office vehicle.
- Managing and reviewing filing and office systems.
- Opening and closing the office.
- Ensure office repairs and maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Writing payment requests, getting authorization, preparing cheques, dispatching cheques, keeping records, purchasing, managing petty cash payments, and other related activities for WildlifeDirect projects.
- Filing taxes- ensure all taxes are paid on time (PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, Withholding Tax etc.)
- Projects and logistics –ensure payments/invoices are paid on time.
- Provide procurement and logistic support.
- Sourcing and ordering of stationeries.
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes.
- Maintain log of communication, deal with inquiries, complaints on telephone, email and in-person.
- Timely processing and payment of rent, utilities etc.
- Maintain up to date contracts for all service providers.
- Liaison with all service providers.
- Maintain inventory of all office equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Holder of a university degree from a recognized university in the relevant field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in similar position with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Must have organizational, planning and multitasking skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong personal commitment to WildlifeDirect work and mission.
- Must have excellent personal organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to motivate others effectively.
- Judgment and decision making ability
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Calm character and ability to prioritize execution of tasks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of professionalism
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV including three referees in a single PDF file format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name on the subject line by Friday, February 26th 2021. Unfortunately due to our limited staff capacity we will be unable to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you!